01 November 2008

Going Vertical


Thanks to Richard Hart. His Aug 2007 Ganoksin post for the idea to create a custom flex shaft hanging stand with hardware store parts has come to life. We spent some time in the plumbing aisle at the hardware store (believe it or not - only 1 trip!) and made Richard's idea come to life in our garage today.

I was sooooo tired of the old stand banging the flex shaft into the wall, that I traded it with a friend last month for a stationary stand for the "real" workbench. That left a void in the 'dirty' working area of the garage, and the new industrial looking hanging system fits in well.

With 3 preset adjustable heights and 3 spots to hang the flex shaft on the cross member, I'm all set. The shelf bracket is already coming in handy as a place to hang the rubber fish pen. :-) Now I'll be able to find my pen, the cut-anything-rough cutters, as well as the copper tongs for the nearby pickle.